Tuesday, October 13, 2009

10/09/09, 10/10/09

On Friday night I joined Cami and her work friends at the Pub again (I should have this situation rectified by this weekend). Anyway, I gave Smithwick's (Irish Red Ale, 4.5% ABV) another chance since they have it on tap there. Well, it must have been better at the more authentic Irish pub where I originally had it because it was pretty meh. I think there's a special Smithwick's Pub Draught that this wasn't. It's too dark to take good pictures at that pub. Moving along...

The next night saw me through a variety of imbibing. I started the evening with an apéritif beer, one of the Yuengling Black and Tans (Black and Tan, 4.7% ABV) I had in the fridge.


This was somewhat tastier than the regular Yuengling lager, probably due to it's being half not a lager, but I'd prefer the dark half of the equation to be thicker. The head dissipated too quickly, it was somewhat smokey and crisp, kind of boring. Too bad I still have 4-5 more of these in the fridge.










After that I wound up having some wine at a Jamaican restaurant and then wound up at The Stardust Cafe, where I had the Lion Stout (Export Stout, 8.0% ABV) they had on tap.



The first sip was the best, nice and creamy, and it subsequently got a bit more bitter. I think my bartender didn't know or care enough to leave me with much head on this, but I got over it.

Unfortunately, from this point on, we went to the club where the situation dictates I must drink Bud Lights as I'd be a douche to try to order any better beers, which probably weren't available anyway, and if I'd had liquor I probably would've had an even worse hangover than the one I ended up having anyway,

No comments:

Post a Comment