Saturday, October 3, 2009

A couple random beers


At a pub last weekend I decided to get Harp Lager (Euro Pale Lager, 5.0% ABV) out of the way, off my checklist. I'm not a big fan of lagers anyway, and this one is plain and boring. It's not complex at all, just a little cereal, and it's a little too carbonated. Done.






The other night I had one beer (before delving into the liquor fiasco alluded too on my Bad Day Blog). It was a Hacker Pschorr Weisse Bock (Weizenbock, 5.5% ABV).
I like these unfiltered wheat beers. This wasn't my favorite ever, but it was good. Pretty decent sized, fairly thick and creamy head. You get the cloves and banana flavors, but there's not much depth to it, no real aftertaste. This beer is great if you want refreshing rather than complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment